When brides and grooms start looking for wedding venues, too often their eyes are bigger than their wallets and they fall in love with the beautiful atmosphere of the place and sign a contract before they've considered more sensible issues. Before you plan the entire
event around this beautiful atmosphere some decisions must be made first. The basic questions of the date and time are important as some times of the year are more expensive than others. Besides that the more important questions include the number of guests to accommodate as well as other services and products needed to accommodate the event such as caterers and D.J. Once you know these things, and you have a few wedding venues in mind that fit that budget and size, then it's time to start asking questions! The questions listed below are essential to couples when selecting this venue as the venue of the wedding no matter if both ceremony and reception in one place or multiple venues can consume almost 35% to 40% of wedding budget.
1. What is the rental fee? What exactly does it include?
2. What is maximum capacity? For a seated dinner? Buffet?
3. Do I have to share with another wedding?
4. How many hours does rental cover? Overtime charge?
5. Are there any site restrictions? Any price discounts for certain
time periods or days of the week?
6. Do you have a piano? Other musical instruments on the
premises? Is there an additional charge?
7. Any regulations concerning décor, flowers or photography?
8. Do you have air conditioning and or adequate heating?
9. Do you have in-house catering? Preferred list? Can I bring
a caterer of my choosing? Alcohol restrictions?
10. Liability Insurance
11. Enclosed adequate kitchen facilities? Charge for use?
12. Can site be used for ceremony?
13. Is there a dance floor? Is dancing allowed? Where?
14. Any additional charges for required services? Security guards,
parking attendants, doorman, valet parking?
15. What is the deposit and refund procedure?
16. Adequate parking for guests? Will they be charged to park?
17. Are there rooms available where we can change into wedding
attire? Going away clothes?
18. Do you have a microphone?
19. Can we review staging, lighting and other video needs?
20. Is there a place for guest to wait our arrival from ceremony?
Can hors d’oeuvres and or drinks be served there?
21. Where is the best place to set up receiving line?
22. What is the name of the banquet manager? Will he or she
be there on that day? If not who will be in charge?
23. Is security deposit required? How much? When can expect a
24. Do you provide tables? What kind? Chairs?
25. Do you have a floorplan available for sketching layout? Where
the gift table, bride's table and cake table will go?
26. Are table skirts and or covers available? Colors?
27. What colors are the facility?
Elite Event Planning
Food Safety Certified